Part of the beauty of taking a bath is the ritual of creating space for yourself to relax and unwind. Here are some little things you can do that can have a big impact as you create the bathtub ambiance of your dreams or at least a little slice of an oasis that your friends will all be swooning over. Plus click the links to shop for your new bath decor & rituals!
1. PLANTS & FLOWERS - Plants and flowers instantly bring life into any space and when brought around a bathtub or foot bath, create a welcoming, serene environment for you to close your eyes and imagine you’re bathing deep in the Cloud Forests of Costa Rica or in a field of flowers on a summer’s day.
2. CANDLES - We can’t get enough of candles and the perfect ambiance they help create. Whether they’re tea lights, votives, or artisan candles, we say the more the merrier. Just make sure that they’re free of paraffin wax (it releases carcinogenic soot when burned), so opt for vegetable-based waxes like soy, hemp, etc that have cotton wicks, and all-natural fragrances additives like essential oils.
3. Incense, sage, palo santo, essential oils, etc - Sage and palo santo are two of our favorites for clearing the air energetically, and they both have a grounding, relaxing. Or pick your favorite essential oils to diffuse or incense to burn to heighten the aroma.
4. Choose your bath product(s)- Our bath products set the tone for your bathing experience, and they each have distinct ingredients and properties that ground, elevate, and clear skin + soul.
✔For a restorative, detoxifying soak, try our:
Treat Milk Bath - arrowroot powder, tea tree, and thyme combine with the renowned healing properties of colloidal oatmeal to deliver itch and respiratory relief, allowing the body and mind to relax and restore balance.
Drift Salt Bath - Hiwa Kai Hawaiian Black Lava Salt and Dead Sea Salt combine with essential oils of atlas cedarwood and juniper berry to increase blood flow, balance, and inspire mental strength and stability.
✔For an invigorating, uplifting soak, try our:
Float Salt Bath - French green clay and Dead Sea Salt combine with essential oils of cypress and peppermint to detoxify the body and clarify the mind
✔For a completely relaxing, nourishing soak, try our:
Release Milk Bath- Rose and West Indian Sandalwood oil along with coconut milk and cocoa butter soften the skin, alleviate tension, and heighten mood and sensuality
5. Beverage - no bath-time ritual is complete without a beverage to accompany your relaxation time. We have some bath-time cocktails coming up on the blog throughout the month, or if you prefer a non-alcoholic beverage, you can opt for some herbal tea to encourage your body to relax and unwind.
6. Book and/or journal - while spending some time with eyes closed and completely relaxing into bathtub bliss is always an essential part of our bath rituals, it can be nice to spend some time catching up on one of your favorite books or reflecting on the day by writing in your journal.
7. Bath tray - this helps keep your book/journal dry and your beverage always within reach. If you’re going for a bath + face mask combo, you can keep your Complexion Clay here for easy application as well as a little hand towel to wipe your face clean when you’re done.
8. Crystals - Whether you meditate with crystals or think they’re too woo, we can all agree that they’re just so dang beautiful and add light, glimmer, and a hint of magic into any space.
9. The reminder that you are worthy and deserving of taking care of yourself. Sometimes, this belief and thought process is our biggest roadblock to actually creating time to take care of ourselves. We think that if we dedicate some time to ourselves that we’re being selfish. We think that there are so many other things that need to be done before we can relax let go that we shouldn’t dare unplug and turn off the mental hamster wheel of the day.
Well, friends, we at BEING are here to tell those little voices to go away, to gently push you turn off the phone and shut down the computer (because it can wait until tomorrow), and to remind you that you, as much as anyone else, are deserving of your care and attention. Click here to shop our bath products before you unplug. Get on your way to creating your own sacred bath-time space and find your own bath-time oasis ritual.
Mothering doesn’t just occur between mother and child when she gives birth or adopts. While that is the place that mothering begins, it is by no means the place where mothering ends. It is from our mothers that we can learn how to love wholeheartedly and practice loving unconditionally; they serve as role models for how to care for others with open hearts.